The School of Strategic Living is a two-year online school with real-time group interaction and support from trained facilitators. A conference component called the GoLife Intensive is an integral part of the experience. Enrollment is open year-round with new groups forming quarterly.
Our annual school Intensive event In the United States is open to all, but it is a prerequisite for those enrolling in GoLife100 (year one). Our international affiliates hold their own intensives in their own countries. The goal of the Intensive is to inspire and envision attendees and lay a foundation for each student’s experience in the school.
Structure & Curriculum
Students work through the online curriculum according to the course schedule (see curriculum details below). Students are required to work with a facilitator in the context of a small group with whom they meet twice monthly via phone/video conferencing (or in person when applicable). Facilitators are trained and screened by GoStrategic and assigned at the beginning of the course. Meeting schedules for our curated groups are not preset, but rather determined by the facilitator at the beginning of the course with consideration to participants’ availability. Each lesson is allotted 2 weeks for completion, and students can expect each online lesson to take about 2-3 hours total to listen to, process, and complete homework. GoBusiness200 (year two) also includes an essay assignment due at the end of the course.
We are committed to community and firmly believe that God builds relationally by joining the hearts of men and women. Our mentor-based model is critical to the success of the course. Our desire to see students work with a Facilitator is based in our conviction that genuine transformation in a person’s life takes place in the context of spiritual relationships with others. The role of the facilitator is to encourage and challenge their students as they work through the materials. Facilitators are graduates of the course themselves, have completed additional facilitator training, and remain under the oversight of our Directors of Facilitation.
Students go through the course with a small group of students and their Facilitator in bimonthly meetings via web/conference calls (or in person when applicable). Group meeting times and schedule are determined by each group, factoring in individual schedules.
GoLife100 (Year One)
The GoLife100 course focuses primarily on helping the student to build a complete framework, based on biblical assumptions, through which to interpret life.
Enrollment includes the course curriculum, access to the online LMS system, and group meetings with Facilitator oversight. the curriculum includes the Living Life God’s Way audio series, 24 exclusive GoLife curriculum teachings, 3 books (Winning the Battle for the Minds of Men by Dennis Peacocke, Simply Christian by NT Wright, and Discipling Nations by Darrow L. Miller), and the GoLife100 Student Manual and Appendix.
Audio components include teachings by Dennis Peacocke, Adam Peacocke, Dudley Hall, Walter Duerr, Katherine Gallagher, Don Walker, and Dr. Patti Amsden.
GoLife100 Topics/Themes Include:
- Life As Discovery: 4 teachings which examine God’s plan for effective and fruitful growth in the life of a believer.
- Why Study Christian Worldview: 4 teachings examining the importance of building a Christian Worldview and the foundational steps that are needed to begin this process.
- Introduction to Worldview & Philosophy: 4 teachings addressing the basic components of any consistent worldview and a historical overview of the philosophical ideas that have shaped the prevailing worldview of our culture.
- The Root Presuppositions of the Christian Faith: 5 teachings designed to equip the listener with the incredibly powerful tool of presuppositional thinking.
- Becoming a Prophetic Voice to Your Culture: 6 teachings focusing on the six essential truths that must be built into our Christian worldview in order that we would be a prophetic voice to our culture as ambassadors of the Kingdom of God.
GoLife200 (Year Two)
The GoLife200 course focuses on helping students develop a strategic lifestyle so they can begin to walk out the vision articulated by the Christian Worldview. Students will learn how to build the patterns of discipline in their lives necessary for successful Christian living and leadership. Emphasis is placed on developing the skills of problem solving, strategic thinking, time management, and servant leadership.
Enrollment includes the course curriculum, access to the online LMS system, and group meetings with Facilitator oversight. The curriculum includes 23 exclusive GoLife curriculum teachings, 4 books (On the Destiny of Nations by Dennis Peacocke, Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, and Devotional Classics), and the GoLife200 Student Manual and Appendix.
Audio components include teachings by Dennis Peacocke, Adam Peacocke, Bruce Billington, Dr. Paul Jehle, Dudley Hall, Don Walker, Dick Bruner, Dr. Patti Amsden, Randy Howard, Jan Peacocke, Wallance Henley, Katherine Gallagher. and Tom Hall.
GoLife200 Topics/Themes Include:
- Embracing God’s Sovereignty: 6 teachings designed to lay a foundation for strategic living by challenging the listener to examine the plans God has for their life and the components He has provided to bring those purposes to pass.
- Embracing Community: 6 teachings designed to impart vision for our relational connections, understanding the purpose of the ecclesia, and offer insight into effectively engaging others through our ministry calling.
- Strategic Lifestyle: 5 teachings designed to equip the listener with the vision, principles, and practical insight necessary for developing a strategic lifestyle and embracing the timing and working of God in their life.
- Problems as Opportunities: 3 teachings designed to provide the principles and practical tools to become effective as a problem solver.
- Engaging the World: 3 teachings designed to give practical insight into the nature of leadership and provide vision for Kingdom leaders in the earth.